- Pork tenderloin x 2 lbs (unthaw if frozen tenderloin is used)
- Marinate the tenderloin
- Salt x 1 ½ tbsps
- Grinded Peppercorn x 1 tbsp
- Cooking oil x 1 tbsp
- Mustard x 3 tbsps
- Honey x 1 tbsp
- Apple sauce x ½ cup
- Thyme x a few sprigs
Apple Cubes Sauce
- Apples x 1-2 (peeled, cored and diced)
- Unsalted butter x 25 g (at room temperature)
- Brown/Castor sugar x 2-3 tbsps
- Water x 150 ml
- Cinnamon powder x a few stroke
- Pork broth x 450 ml
- All-purpose flour x 2 tsps
- Water x 1 tsp
- Prepare oven at 180C.
- Wash the tenderloin clean. Marinate by salt, grinded peppercorn and oil for an hour.
- Mix the mustard with honey, apple sauce and thymes leaves and set aside
- Then pad the tenderloin dry. Use strings to tie the tenderloin tight into a round cubes. Each string ties at distance about 2.5 – 3 cm each.
- Prepare a frying pan at medium heat. Add a tbsp. of oil until slightly smoky. Sear the tenderloin until all sides become golden brown. Off heat and take out. Then rub the mustard mixture onto whole body of tenderloin and put it over the baking rack and bake at 180C. Flip after 15 minutes. Bake until the temperature of meat reaches 63C. Take out and wrap with foil and seat for 10-15 minutes before serving
- To prepare for the gravy, use a frying pan at medium heat. Add in pork broth and simmer until boiled. Mix the plain flour or all-purpose flour with water, then add into the boiled pork broth. Stir until the broth becomes thick and ready to serve.
- To prepare for the apple sauce, prepare a saucepan at medium heat. Add in water, apple and sugar, simmer for 2 – 3 minutes until apple cubes become softened. Taste, and transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with a few strokes of cinnamon powder.
This post is also available in: Chinese (Traditional)